Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hawaii

I told Devo I wanted to be somewhere tropical for my b-day this year and he was so kind to indulge me. My twin sister and her husband came with us. This is the first trip Terri and I have been on with out my kids, well I think it's the first ever, since I've been married. We were all set for Cancun but when the swine flu hit we decided to switch. Devon's mom came and watched the kids while we were gone and the kids loved it and are still talking about it.

This is heaven!

Devo was in heaven playing Kapalua plantation course. He wished he would have played it twice.
The Kapalua bay course
The boys took us along one day. This one was not as pricey as Kapalua.

I had the best day of golf ever. I had 7 bogies and 3 pars. It might of been the Tiger Woods clubs I rented, who knows. Lots of fun.

While the boys played 2 rounds at Kapalua, Terri and I headed to the other side of the island to go horse back riding. It was quite fun and very interesting, but hot.
After our horse back ride we hiked to a waterfall we saw. It was fun hiking under the bamboo canopy.


Maui was in a drought. They hadn't had rain for 2 months. The waterfall was a little small it usually covers the whole side of the mountain.

This was our favorite beach. Very little people and very peaceful.

Our little private beach

This was Devon's favorite dessert called "carmel knowedge"

Beautiful sunsets

The last day we finally found the place to snorkel. We got there at 6 a.m. hoping to see turtles

Troy brought some bread and squeezed it in his hands and suddenly we were surrounded by fish.
We saw a few turtles too!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

How fun for you guys. So happy you got to go. It pays to say 'yes' to the boy toys! lol

The Hardy's said...

Wow! What an awesome trip. I would love to go back to Maui. Where did you guys go snorkeling, the turtles are so cool!

Traci said...

I want to go!!!!!!!!!