Thursday, June 21, 2012

New pet

Check out Jakes new pet! "Stubby" he has a short tail


While making our summer list of fun, Jake says catch a lizard.  I didn't write it down because I've never seen a lizard around our house ever.  A week or so ago he found one in the driveway out front.  We researched what they eat and how to keep as pet.  Each day Jake catches a baby grasshopper for it to eat.  He wants me to buy crickets at the pet store for it.  I refused.  I'm hoping it dies soon.  It is still alive and well 2 weeks later.  Too many pets!


This was a medium grasshopper


his home in a cup with seran wrap for the first couple of days

1 comment:

The Hardy's said...

You are so brave! I can not do reptiles or rodents or anything that must be fed live insects!