One day in June Jake came in the house while I'm on the phone and says, "Mom I found a snake and it only struck at me 2 times. Here I am freaking out thinking it's a rattle snake but he informs me it's not. He wants a tupperware bowl to put on top of it to capture it. I go out with him to take some pictures. It was a pretty aggressive snake trying to get out of the yard through the fence. While I was taking pictures it found the crack in the gate and slipped through into the field behind the house. Of course there were lots of tears because I let it get away.
So intent on catching it he went out to the field with my swiffer to catch it. While he was back there I hear him start crying. I wonder did he find the snake and get bit. Did he get stung by a wasp? When he finally got to me he says, as he's crying, "I saw a black widow." I am deathly afraid of black widows and I thought to myself, "What have I taught him!"
No comments:
Post a Comment